47475 Vintage Drive East
Indian Wells, CA 92210
9,654 sq. ft.
8 bedrooms; 9.5 bathrooms
28,749 sq. ft. Lot
Known worldwide for his visionary commercial architecture, including the Bellagio Hotel, Jon Jerde has also designed three private homes. The exclusive Vintage Club is the location of one of those residential inspirations. Jerde, along with his wife, Janice Ambry Jerde, executed this incomparable architectural achievement overlooking the picturesque signature 16th Hole of the Mountain Course. Joining the Jerde team was White Design of Pacific Palisades. Their mission was to complement the Jerdes’ architectural concept with sophisticated and luxurious, yet comfortable and warm décor, furnishings, and accents. DeWitte Construction and his select group of craftsmen were given the task of constructing this multi-level 10,000 +/- SF master work encompassing stunning views from every angle and level of the home.
This once in a lifetime project was a collaboration between architect, designer, builder and owner. With this home, the late Jon Jerde has created an experience like no other at The Vintage Club.
Designed to encompass two distinct levels of living, this expansive home emanates excellence in its architectural magnificence and interior décor while delivering an elegant, appealing and comfortable environment.
· From its entrance one is drawn into the great room with picturesque window views of the 16th Fairway of the Club’s famed Mountain Course. The elegant décor of the great room is heightened not only by the 18’ barrel ceiling, but also the designers carefully selected furnishings which uniquely create two conversation niches - one directed to the breathtaking mountain view and the other centered around the warmth and charm of the monument fireplace.
· The grand master suite includes a fireplace, floor-to-ceiling glass windows and doors, spacious his and her baths, two custom designed offices, a personal bar area and a view driven private patio just outside the master suite.
· There are two elegant guest rooms, each with a full bath. There is also a guest suite consisting of two bedrooms, with full baths, connected by a central living area.
· The exquisite formal dining room sits adjacent to the great room and features a gold leaf ceiling designed to reflect the room’s candlelit ambience. A custom limestone dining table compliment by gold leaf dining chairs further highlight this space, along with the home’s most dramatic view.
· Entering the hallway left of the great room, there is a walk-up bar, informal powder room, pantry and the elevator. Entering the bright and welcoming gourmet-style kitchen with center-island cooking station and bar height seating, one is embraced by the welcoming sunlight, custom cabinetry and stone counters. The kitchen opens to the cozy family room with morning room table boasting two walls of floor-to ceiling windows. Directly off the kitchen is the outdoor alfresco dining space featuring overhead and floor heating, the barbecue kitchen and unbelievable views
· To the right of the entry there is and exquisite formal powder room. A staircase to the home’s lower level. The main hallway referred to as the “Gallery” wherein the architect carefully implemented atrium windows and curated natural vistas within the curved wall, each like cherished canvas, heightened by custom designed scones that guide one’s passage along the way.
· A walk-in refrigerated wine cellar featuring a glass wall and lighting that projects a soft glow into the entertainment area.
· The media area within this space offers theatre style seating, custom cabinetry, wall unit with retractable sliding doors that open to unveil a large media screen for viewing. Also within this space is a pool table, designed by Mueller Turner Enterprises, a working kitchen and glass doors that open to the lower level outdoor patio and lawn.
· Guest Quarters offering two bedrooms, two baths and a full kitchen.
· There is a massage room, a spacious 6-person steam room, fully equipped gym, wrapping/craft room and a full bath.
· Access to this space can be by staircase, elevator or from the garage.
· The magic unfolds with the curved design of the promenade connecting the living areas and leads to the outdoor staircase to the lower level with grassy lawn and upper patios bordering the pool, spa and focal point fire-ledge.
· Stunning views that gave breath to the owner’s initial imagination when considering this site for a masterpiece residence.